Almond Flour Pancakes are some of the most delicious pancakes. They are low carb and keto-friendly and can really satisfy a craving for pancakes.
As a bonus these pancakes are gluten-free and much more filling than traditional carb-loaded pancakes. The almond flour gives the pancakes a wonderful nutty flavor which I love.
Tips for Making Almond Flour Pancakes:
- There is a great deal of variance between different brands of almond flour. You definitely want to use a finely ground almond flour. If your batter is too thin, you can use a spoonful or two of coconut flour.
- The batter gets mixed together in a blender which not only gets rid of the grittiness of the almond flour by really blending everything together well, it also helps creat a lighter and fluffier pancake texture.
- Cashew milk or coconut milk can be used instead of almond milk.
- You want to make small pancakes with the batter. They are not easy to flip over and will be much easier to flip over if they are no bigger than 3 inches across. Almond flour isn’t as good at binding together the pancake batter as all-purpose flour is so flip the pancakes carefully or they will fall apart. It might take a pancake or two to get the hang of it.
- These Almond Flour Pancakes can be refrigerated for later or even frozen. Freeze them in a ziptop bag with pieces of parchment paper between them so they do not stick together.
- I like to serve these low carb pancakes with butter, sugar-free syrup and a few berries.
More Low Carb Breakfast Recipes:
- Pizza Eggs
- Baked Denver Omelet
- Low Carb Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Nutritional info is provided as a guide only and can vary based on brands of products used, measuring techniques, and cooking methods.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.